Thursday, February 20, 2020

Talk next week

A week from tomorrow I am giving a talk on six books that have helped me.  They are

  • Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert

  • Thinking: Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

  • Uncharted by Erez Aidan and Jean-Baptiste Michel

  • Everybody Lies by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz

  • Breath by Breath by Larry Rosenberg

  • From Gutenberg to Google by Tom Wheeler


Here is a link to a webpage of points about each book

https://sites.google.com/site/kirbyvariety/six-books-for-spring-2020


Across the top of that page, the books are listed and the titles are links to the notes I took on that book. Sometimes, when the writing is very good, I forget to take notes or make highlights.


Each one has lots of implications for living and thinking.  I am confident that the Breath by Breath book has had the most impact on my daily life.  I use its ideas just about every waking hour.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby