Sunday, June 2, 2019

I get so annoyed

I try not to.  It's basically the story of toast all over again.  It is delicious slathered with 50% butter but then it's slippery.  So, I drop it. Naturlich, it lands butter-side down. I try to be careful. I realize I won't be lucky enough to have avoided droplets and splashlets of butter in the vicinity.  To be careful, I need to turn on the light. To avoid getting butter on the light switch, I cleverly use my elbow to turn on the lights. Less cleverly, I touch my buttery fingers against the red sweatshirt I am wearing.  Does it make a stain? Yes, it does.


Turns out we are out of stain spray.  Such incidents sprinkle themselves throughout my day.  I doubt that the incident rate is much higher in my life than the average.  It may also be that my resulting emotions are no more explosive than average.  I am a student of Zen, Confucius, Buddha and Jesus. I try to be kind to myself and accepting of my construction in the image of the Almighty.


I know quite a few bad words that don't call on the Lord or bring up his name or that of his relatves. I realize that calling for sexual intercourse after staining my shirt is illogical and doesn't really help things.  I have read that expletives and rage just train me to use them more. I try to allow for confirmation bias and recall that yesterday went well. The doc has warned me about the tooth and jaw damage from clenching my teeth.  Why not take a deep breath, drive to the store and get some stain spray? Maybe pick up a new shirt, too. See? I am all calmed down and smiley.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby