Saturday, March 30, 2019

Contagious

I hear a lot about human language.  But along with language, I am impressed with human sharing.  I have a shirt that you like. I give it to you or we wear it at different times.  I loan you a book and you loan me a CD.


But not just material sharing.  How about "forwarding"? I know that you are interested in baseball.  That new feature on the New Page of Firefox shows things that people might be interested in.  There is a story about baseball and I forward it to you. I realize there is a good chance that you are busy and don't appreciate getting things from me that you didn't ask for. But sometimes, what is forwarded is just the thing.  My eyes and ears are on the lookout for things you appreciate. It is quick and costs nothing and this business of passing things on can be overdone. But it can be cool how one pair of eyes and ears can become many pairs.


We can share purposes, too.  I learn from you that stamps are fun to collect.  Pretty soon, I am into stamp collecting, photography, keto diets, too.  Your taste in music, in foods, in organizing the house or papers effects mine and suddenly I am alphabetizing our spices just like you do yours.  I wasn't impressed by Nissan cars but after I heard you explaining their value, I changed.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby