Monday, June 8, 2015

Google Drive

Another valuable Google product is Google Drive.  


Whether you are looking for Google Voice to make free phone or text calls or Google Drive to save your stuff, one easy way to find what you seek is to simply Google search for the key word: "drive" or "voice" or "earth" for Google's service/product by that name.  An easy way to get started with any and all of them is to get yourself a Gmail account.  Just search "Gmail" and give yourself a logon name and password.  Once you have a logon name and password, you have the key to access all Google's stuff.


Whether you are composing an email in Gmail or some sort of document or writing, Google products save things automatically.  That can be handy because you don't forget to save something.  You can ruin things accidentally but I won't go into that.  Basically, it is pretty hard to do.


Google gives a user 15 gigabytes of free space.  I have hundreds of documents on my Drive and have used up 8% of my free space.  Additional space is quite inexpensive.


Google has a service called "Takeaway", which enables any user to download everything Google has of theirs onto a private computer or other place you might want to store things.  I could use Takeaway to see what I get when downloading everything.


You can go directly to Drive and compose a word-processing document, a spreadsheet and several other types of work including a drawing.


For my daily blog, I start with Drive and open a wordprocessing doc.  After wriiting it, I copy it into Microsoft Word so I can listen to it read aloud.  I make whatever corrections I catch and paste the whole thing back into the Google Doc. I use my regular Comic Sans font at size 14.  I copy and paste that into a Gmail and use a group address for my 90 something blog recipients.



Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby