Saturday, December 6, 2014

Choosing with incomplete information

Say you go to a dance and you meet a neat person and the two of you hit it off.  Was it a big mistake not to check out every person there before getting close to that one?


Say you move to New York or a lovely little town in New Mexico.  Was it a mistake not to live a year everywhere else before choosing that new location?


(I am myself changing so fast that the changes in friendships or location are secondary.)


I can regret insufficient investigation and I can see that my research was insufficient if

1.    I failed to check every possibility before committing myself.

2.   I become dissatisfied with any aspect of a choice I made at any time subsequent to making that choice.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby