Thursday, October 2, 2014

PMR

It is fun to see things, PMR.  Plus My Reaction  Wow, what a beautiful sky (plus my reaction of wonder and appreciation)  What a delicious coffee! Plus my reaction of savoring and gratitude for the growing, harvesting, shipping, roasting, grinding, brewing, pouring and serving, not to mention the heating) plus awareness of my reaction and its complexity.


It may sound like just fluff but seeing what my reaction is, being aware of my reaction, even for just a moment, gives me a chance to know myself.  True, knowing myself means seeing what a set of contradictions I am, how I tend to skew my story in favor of me, how temporary my reactions are.  I remember back when I didn't like that guy and now I do.   I used to think she was silly but now she is charming.  I thought he was dense and crude but I didn't know.


It is not all friendly and nice.  Suddenly, I realize something is not warm but trite.  Something is not a good buy but a cheap waste of money.  Noting my reaction and seeing that it is a reaction gives me a moment to pause.  I see my own reaction to my reaction.  I turn out to be rather entertaining and interesting!



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby