Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brainy

I feel so clever.  We have been married for 50 years and she is 71.  So, with just a little arithmetic, you can see that I snagged her at a young age.  That was a lucky break for me.

Take tonight.  Because she really likes variety, the standard restaurant meal bores her after a while.  She is also trying to lose weight.  I need to lose some too
.  I am going to lose my status as a sex symbol if I don't do something about my emerging belly.  So, here on Sunday night, smarty pants proposed dinner at the Whole Foods market.  They have an unmatchable menu of exotic salads and endless luscious choices for dessert.  Ok, if we split a tiny cheesecake, it might not cause too much damage.

She had a really tasty black quinoa and another of mango and shrimp.  I had chicken apricot salad and another of raw kale with a great lemon oil.  We had a glass of skim milk each and split that little cheesecake.  Total cost of a superior and very quick dinner for two = $19.27.  See, I am clever.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby