Thursday, August 20, 2026

Where is that note I made?

I am reasonably good at making notes, at having pen and paper handy, and at jotting down important bits of information.  That is to the good and will credit me at the Pearly Gates.  But it does me very little good if I cannot find the durned piece of paper or cowhide or whatever when I need it.  I read that Mark Twain said,” Put all your eggs in one basket and WATCH that basket!”  That is like what I do.  For this blog, I use one notebook.  I let myself jot down up to five notes I might use as a subject for the day’s post.  Sometimes, more than five good ideas come to me and I mark the extras differently.  I only write on one side of each notebook page so I have the back of all used pages for extra notes.  I do WATCH that notebook and I can recognize it from across the room.  Makes it easy to find and use.