Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Scattered day

I seem to have too many fractured days.  We have something at 11 in the morning or 1 in the afternoon and the preparation, the clock-watching to avoid being too late or too early, and wham!  The whole day is gone.  I know that a big part of the problem is daily routine.  By the time I get the coffee going, a short run done, a walk with a friend, naturally minutes get used up.  I know I am retired, that I have the whole day but each element in the typical day is there for a good reason and I don’t like to skip it.  Between the weather and a crowded schedule, there are already too many days when important activities are skipped or shortened.  Many things, especially exercise, need to be done regularly and each omission ruins my perfect record, makes me think I am failing, stresses me.


Sure, I really am retired and can set up my days as desired.  But I have reminded myself of that too often.  The reminder doesn’t carry any weight by itself. Setting up my day as desired doesn’t seem to be possible, much of the time.  I want a leisurely day but one filled with excitement.  I want a calm, unhurried day that is packed with adventure and fun but also with complete achievement of each whim, each desire fulfilled and each goal completely accomplished, with grace and elegance, please.  I have been pretty good, most of my life.  Why can’t I simply get what I want?



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby