Thursday, October 24, 2013

I am a process

To the naive eye, I look like a thing, a physical object.  I have weight and a skin, that is, mass and a boundary. However, long ago, my mommy and my daddy mixed their chemicals in Mom and I was the result. At the beginning, I was quite small and had very little mass or outside boundary.  But, see, I am a process, as I might add, are you.  As the process continued, I expanded and became the adult size I am.

Being a process means I am ongoing.  I started as a single cell but now many cells are cooperating to keeping me going.  You know that processes begin and end.  I am approaching my end as a process although the components I use in myself will continue to exist after my process ends.  I don't expect my process to conclude any time soon but it might.  Once, a human process has continued for as long as mine has, it might cease at any time, although the current expected duration for my current age is about 11 and a half years.  Confidentially, I expect to live longer than that but who doesn't?


The things we know about in this life are processes, not actually things.  They run their course of existence and then dissipate, drifting into participating in other forms.  Understanding that "things" are not permanent and they are not static makes life easier.  Its ebb and flow, its waves and peaceful moments seem to fit into an understandable and even beautiful pattern.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby