Monday, January 28, 2013

Steel patience and silk/wool

I carry handy tools with me at all times.  The steel patience is spring-loaded and I can shoot out the blade in a microsecond.  It isn't a knife.  It's my steel patience tool.  I got it from Zen and it is very handy.  When it springs open, it releases my instant, unwavering patience.  I hear a strange sound and Zip!  I can freeze for quite a while, using my steel patience to remain unmoving and alert.

I find my mind wandering and Zip! My steel patience holds it still for as long as needed.  

I am waiting for the customer ahead of me to finish with the clerk.  Zip!  Just waiting, calmly, relaxed but focused, as long as needed.

Once my steel patience zips out, it quickly examines my body, especially face and feet, looking for tension.  After relaxing any tightness that it finds, it shifts my attention to my breath.  Slower, deeper breaths: in, in, in, in, hold, hold, out, out, out, out.  My steel patience holds me in balance, poised, breathing, existing, alert consciousness without agenda, needs or fears.  

Sometimes, I only use my silk/woolen patience.  The softer, cloth patience works better when I want to stay with another, in tune, and feeling their words and tone, and their mirth or pain.

What great instruments! I always keep them handy.

--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby