Thursday, June 14, 2012

almost there!

I have noticed that several of the stories of Eastern wisdom I have heard have to do with the theme that I already am, or already have, what I seek.  A dying mother sews a valuable gem in the lining of her son's garment.  He suffers extreme poverty for years while carrying riches with him.  One day, he discovers the gem and lives comfortably from then on.

One of Deepak Chopra's secrets in his Book of Secrets is that 'what you seek, you already are'.  

But I want to be quiet but I am not.  I want to be happy but I am not.  Ok, what was meant is that I have everything I need except the right attitude, the right view.  I am fully equipped to be happy, right as I am.  I am fully equipped to be quiet and satisfied.  Beliefs and practices I carry within may be obstructing me.

I always thought to be happy, everything has to be fully RIGHT with me, my body, my marriage, my finances, my house, my, my, my.  Some of those things are not RIGHT, not the way I want them to be.  Work!  That's the answer!  Work harder!  Be stricter with myself.  Eventually, everything will be in place, just RIGHT and then, whew!  I will be happy.  Well, until something breaks, until I notice I don't have something.  Maybe I used to have it but now I can't find it.  Damn it!  Why can't things fall in their RIGHT places and STAY that way?

--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby