Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Is that you Fred?

I have been writing from time to time that I would post more irregularly but mostly, I haven't done that.  When I have something I want to post, I will.  But don't be too surprised if I skip some days. 

I posted this story/joke in my email in June 1999 and I still think of it. There is a book somewhere that might be titled "The Inside Story."  It is about human psychology.  It says that sometimes what sort of humor or cartoon most appeals to us, or is completely opaque to us and goes over our heads, can be related to our own mental makeup. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We recently moved to a new city and went to our first football game. We arrived early and found our seats.


Not long afterward, a young fellow came in and sat just in front of us.

A short time later, we heard from far behind us someone yell "Hey Fred!"

The nervous young man jumped up and scanned the crowd. Apparently seeing no one he knew, he sat back down.

A few moments later, we heard some behind us yell "Hey Fred!"  Again the young man jumped up and scanned the crowd. Still seeing no one he knew, he uneasily sat back down.

After several rounds of this, the man began mumbling to himself.  After each additional time, the mumbling became more frantic.

Finally, hearing again the call of "Hey Fred!" The man leapt to his feet and screamed to the crowd,

"DARNIT, MY NAME'S NOT FRED!!!"

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby