Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting together


When I looked through my contacts for those people who might be interested in some sort of regular note from me, I found what turned out to be 42 of them. When I look at the list, I think it would be fun to be able to introduce each one to all the others. In my [sensitive, expert, insightful] judgment, each carries gems of wisdom, personality, experience and love inside that the others would like. But some live in Maryland, some in Florida, some in Texas -- they are too far apart and too busy to get them all to a party. It would have to be at a resort where we could spend a couple of days together for enough time, enough companionship, common meals, a little alcohol, mild activity like walks, rowing, biking, pontoon-boating

Wisconsin is filled with resorts on lakes and rivers and these gentle boats are great for socializing.
Once I attended a meeting of Native Americans (some I know personally refer to themselves as "Indians" so I don't know what the preferred term is). At one point, everyone present formed a line standing side by side. Then, the end of the line doubled back on itself and we were all led to pass by everyone else in the line. I remember the simple but effective arrangement, a visual demo of everyone meeting everyone else.
That sort of mutual meeting is one of the features that some of the social internet programs in their attempts to allow others, often spread across several continents works at.
Bill

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby