Sunday, July 30, 2023

Three strikes

Ken went well out of his way to give all the guys in our lunch group a sample of The Week magazine.  I like reading it not for the big news which is much the same in major news sources but for the marginal items.  I have never purchased a grocery store magazine but these little items are often the stuff of the National Enquirer and other magazines that specialize in sensational items, often involving celebrities.


Recently, I saw an item that got my attention enough that I recalled it without having it in front of me.  Wendy Hansen of Iowa was informed of the unpleasant news that her house was aflame.  She jumped on her motorcycle to see what was happening but going to her house, she was going too fast and lost control of her cycle.  She crashed and was taken to the hospital.  While being checked out, cancer was discovered.  A house fire, a crash and a cancer diagnosis all together!  Not good!


I often turn to Google search for answers to questions and retrieval of some name or date that an elderly brain can't find.  I thought The Week website could give me the facts again but searching both The Week and searching for "several mishaps in one day" produced nothing.  Trying "Wendy Hansen crashed her motorcycle" produced plenty on the right item.  t.ly/Oy6rK

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby