Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Hard to believe

Two items came up that are very surprising:

The squirrel

The chef


The squirrel

My friend sent a link to this story.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/7/1/2178754/-A-Flying-Squirrel-Hears-Footsteps-And-Fakes-H

You see that this is from the Daily Kos, said on Google to be a progressive news site.  Using Firefox and its Pocket service, I see the names of all sorts of sites, news sources and writers.  This squirrel item still strains my credulity but I am not familiar with Daily Kos, nor flying squirrels. See what you think.


The chef

My friend Ken went out of his way to persuade several of us to subscribe to the British-American weekly news magazine, "The Week".  I appreciate what he did.  I look forward to each week's issue.


This week the magazine cover showed Putin in a boiling pot while the chef looked on.  I learned that the man who really was Putin's chef is the same man who is a general in the Wagner group that caused a serious and threatening disturbance in Russia recently.  I am not clear how he got from chef to leader of mercenaries and I will probably not bother learning more.  It is still surprising.

https://theweek.com/magazine-stand  I am referring to the first cover on the left.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby