Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Adventures!

I find that a useful approach to aging is a stance of adventure.  I have never lived this day before so what is it going to be like? I have never been this exact age before - how will it turn out?  I was interested when the woman Byron Katie stated that she is having the time of her life watching her body fall apart.  Mine hasn't been falling apart, yet, but it is aging and I can sense the process going on. I wonder what's next.


It is not just bodies.  I am trying to direct my native country in the best direction but I am having very limited success.  So, I am eager to see what twists and turns unwind for the country.  Similarly, I am told that my home planet is not headed for a life-supporting future so I am trying to contribute to improving its prospects. I am not experienced nor notably skilled at contributing to the country's future nor that of the planet so I am watching and appreciating my contributions and the complex results of my bit and everyone else's.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby