Sunday, March 12, 2023

Mothers get us started

We were watching the movie "Faraway" on Netflix.  A married woman with a teenage daughter found that her deceased mother had left her a house.  She lives in Germany but the house is in Croatia.  She travels there to see the place.  While exploring, she warms to a man who lives nearby.  As they warm more and more, the teenaged daughter surprised them by showing up unannounced at a time when the pair is sitting at breakfast in the nude.  The daughter is very, very shocked and exclaims that no teen should have to see what she is seeing.


I had to intervene.  I explained to the shocked young lady that the mother's body is the exact portal she herself used to enter this world.  She explained in an outraged way that she doesn't care and she should not be subjected to the sight she was staring at.  I think that is what she said.  


Pocket showed me an article by a young mother.  It's called "I kinda miss my gynecologist" and it explains that pregnancy made her feel like "a science project and a sorceress".  Seems sensible to me. t.ly/A1b_

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby