Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Expanding skill set

Certain skills are valuable to have but some aren't very important.  One of my skills is being able to wiggle my ears, separately.  Of course, I can also wiggle them together, coordinately.  I admit you have to look closely to see the wiggle but it is there and it is observable.  A related skill is lifting an eyebrow, as in doubting, skeptical or quizzical looks.  


I think I first began concentrating on ear movement when, as a kid, I saw a video of a person claiming that hair loss is retarted or prevented by having a loose scalp.  I think the idea was that a looser, moveable scalp allowed better blood flow and nourishment of the hair on the head.  As a wrestler, I have not been very attached to the idea that bald is bad and as a fan of Yul Brenner, I thought the hair on my head was not important.  


I guess most people can lift both eyebrows simultaneously as part of the facial expression of shock or surprise.  I can lift either eyebrow separately.  Doing so makes a pretty good expression of doubt.


If you lack either ear movement or eyebrow lifting abilities, it is not too late to practice and acquire these fundamental abilities.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby