Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Video doorbells and other cameras

I mentioned earlier in a post that when we went to Hawaii with my daughter and son-in-law, they got a ding on their phones whenever someone came to their door at home.  Not only that, they could instantly talk to the person.  When their grandson came to the door, he was surprised to hear his grandfather's voice asking what was up and reminding that the grandparents had gone to Hawaii for a visit.  


I have seen mention that crimes are being investigated by trying to have people look at recent pictures on phones and doorbell cameras and let the investigators know if they possess relevant photos or videos.  


My son-in-law recently had knee surgery.  I wanted to ask my daughter or him how he was doing but I didn't know if either of them were napping.  I thought I was quietly getting up to their front window to see if there were any signs of them being available.  Passing near the front door, my image triggered their video doorbell which sent a ding to her phone.  She was in the kitchen and heard the signal.  She came to the door and filled me in on current pain levels and conditions.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby