Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Roku and apps

We have our phone, tv and internet with a single company.  We don't use the tv cable much any more.  Once a serviceman came to our house and thought we would have a better picture if you connected the cable tv box to the HDMI outlet on our set.  We get the local paper and read CNN and Google News on our computers so we hardly need broadcast tv. 


I suspect that the weather service on our local channels is worth watching but when I tried to get the broadcast local channels, I couldn't.  I tried to use a phone call to get help but I couldn't.  I drove to the local cable company store and was told to try installing their "app" on my Roku channels page.  I did and it is convenient and fast to pull the broadcasts up in that app.


So, I am learning to think "possible app" in connection with our Roku streamer, not just with smartphones.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby