Saturday, September 4, 2021

Themes for discussion

I discuss ideas with three men weekly. They said it was up to me to find a theme for our next discussion.  I said my themes don't resonate with them but they poo-pooed that idea.  They said I have lots of items in my blog and that I should choose some from there.  I have 4300+ posts that cover a wide range of topics.  


I write for me and my life, but I figure that some of the writing is of interest to others so I post on the internet and also mail directly to about 90 people.  Younger people may face similar thoughts and issues later, and my stuff may give them a heads-up.  People my age may sympathize with my thoughts and issues. But my themes are varied and not especially philosophical or religious.  I have been impressed at times with how quickly the theme in a meeting floats off into the talk-sphere and we get off on something else.  I thought it might help to find a useful theme or two if we each looked at some of the posts.  I picked from the 12 years of blogging and randomly chose particular years that each of us should explore.  I gave myself some selecting to do, also.  I used a Google Sheet, which is much like Microsoft's Excel and has some random number functions.


Each of us has only five posts to choose and the ones chosen depend on judgment and taste.  It is fairly easy to read any post from April 2008 to yesterday but I suggested expanding the Fear, Fun and Filoz archive in the lower left corner of the blog web page and just choosing on the basis of one's reaction to the title.  I admit that the titles are murky and tricky but once a post is read, the theme of that post is pretty clear. If a post doesn't seem to be interesting for discussion, it is easy to move on to others.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby