Friday, June 4, 2021

I should know that person

Maybe you know how it is. When you have a "stunning" body, members of the opposite sex sometimes can't help themselves.  You get flirtatious glances and pleasant greetings.  She walked up to me and said "Hello!" in a bright friendly voice.  I turned and saw a good-looking woman a little younger than me.  It was someone I ought to recognize.  I knew I had seen those eyes and that skin before.  I was friendly back but I was intimidated by my inappropriate ignorance.  


When I got home, I explained the event to my wife.  She is a smarty and she immediately said,"Was it X?"  I looked up X and yep, that's her.  "How did you come up with that suggestion?"  I had very few descriptive details.  "I don't know." 


I didn't feel as though I had been friendly and I wanted to contact X and be more congenial.  Looked on Facebook.  Contacted some friends.  The one who could help was away but she got back to me.  "Sorry, too much time has passed.  I don't have current information."  I had once visited her house on business and I thought I knew where it was.  Drove there.  Some women were loading an SUV.  "Is this the X place?" "It used to be.  X has moved."  Do you have a phone number?  "I do.  Let me get it."


Called X. No answer but I left a message.  Later, X called.  I explained that I didn't feel I had been friendly or social, that I could not place her.  "I didn't feel I was very friendly, either.  But I just couldn't think of your name", she said. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby