Sunday, May 23, 2021

Over here

Yesterday, I posted a pair of links and some last names. The idea was to bring to mind the business of what we can sense, either with our senses that connect to the outside world, like sight and hearing, or our thinking.  Also the subject of mind/body medicine, what our attitudes and beliefs do to our bodies and health.  To me, it is a broad and fascinating subject.  


Today is a Sunday, which is often a busy day for us.  I call my friend.  Lynn writes a family review of the week.  


I know that many professors and other academics have deep knowledge and valuable things to offer.  I have listened to many audio courses produced by The Teaching Company.  More recently, they morphed into The Great Courses.  We have a Great Courses channel but we have gotten out of the habit of watching it.  We do get impressive catalogs every so often.  Lynn took an interest, partly because we are searching for television that appeals to us.  She ordered a tour of France, Ancient Civilizations of North America, and How Jesus Became God.  Each course has 24 lectures of 30 minutes each.  They should fit with our preferred watching schedule nicely.


The country seems to me to be entering a period of what is to me especially outlandish talk and behavior.  I am impressed to read that someone makes threats against the government or individuals and then claims to have been kidding.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby