Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Meditation at the gas pump

When I got gas in my car today, the pump showed a tv clip about mediation. I am still impressed.  I am eager to see better methods of education for all ages and situations.  By the time I retired, I had learned enough about meditation to see that it was a quick, valuable, simple practice that was showing itself to be very helpful.  It clarifies thinking, makes clearer what emotions are on tap, increases the ability to see and understand how one is using attention.  So, the day arrived today, when an ad for the practice showed up while I was filling the tank in my car.  I have written some web pages about meditation in this blog:

https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/search?q=meditation

The link does not provide an exhaustive list but it can help.  

I also have some pages on the subject on my website:

https://sites.google.com/site/kirbyvariety/meditation-1

It is natural to read to learn about meditation.  

Of course, there are many YouTube videos that may be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+meditate


Many people like to use a directed meditation tape or recording.  I find that simply sitting comfortably but in an alert position focusing on a single point or on breath is all that is needed.  It helps to have a timer set that makes a sound so you don't have to keep checking to see if ten minutes has passed.

How to meditate - simplified basic directions

Sit comfortably

Don't move

Concentrate on your breath

Do this for a number of minutes according to a timer

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby