Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Quiet processes

I find that I am aging.  Seems as though, it is a quiet, even somewhat sneaky process.  Doesn't ask permission.  Doesn't let me know it is going on.  I got to thinking what else is sneaky and unannounced?


Quiet processes

  1. Aging - always on but results can be a sudden surprise

  2. Gain or losing social support, politics - he used to like me but now?

  3. Gain or losing interest in a given topic or subject - I was hot on photography but now less so

  4. Becoming more familiar with a subject or process - didn't realize how much I have learned about that

  5. important deadlines passing - oops, I am now overdue

  6. Unaware of increasing importance as a figurehead or symbol - I was a beginner but now I am a pillar

  7. Quiet planning and preparation - didn't realize they had planned an ambush

  8. Deliberate and non-deliberate quiet processes - some only happen because someone cares or desires while others, like aging, just slide along regardless 

  9. Funds, sums, accounts growing or shrinking - this Covid has stopped our spending - now look at the account balance

  10. Knowledge, expertise growing or shrinking - I used to teach the subject but now I don't remember it

  11. I said that ages ago and now, you are acting like it's hot news - I was excited about roping.  I tried to get you to lasso but no.  Now, you come along 'splaining the fun of roping!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby