Saturday, November 7, 2020

Moving along

My bandages are off the side of my head and my back.  It feels great!


It looks like the election might be settled fairly quietly and in a civilized way.  We'll see.


Some friends that have had more than one marriage expressed worry over the issue.  I wondered how many marriages are the most a modern person has had.  I am not thinking of King David or somebody with multiple wives at the same time.  I mean serially, one after the other.  Internet search directed me to a man named Glynn Wolfe.


https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Glynn+Wolfe

A Baptist minister (1908-1997) married 29 times.  The Wikipedia article on the man says that he holds the Guiness record for the most marriages by a man and that he married the woman holding the record for the most marriages by a woman. She married 23 times and the final marriage for both was to each other.  Their marriage is said to be something of a publicity stunt.


Many friends have expressed hope that others are faring well with the restrictions from the Covid-19 virus.  I know that knitting, puzzles and tv can be a big help in finding pleasant times and safety.  There are many ways to see those you care about using a smartphone, a tablet or a computer.  The progarm called Zoom has been very popular.  It and its many alternatives allow both sight and sound from both ends of a gettogether.  Skype, Duo, Meet and Facetime can all allow people to meet online.  All of them are free or at least free for the lowest level product.  Personally, I like the free Zoom, which snaps off after 40 minutes, an amount of time long enough, in my opinion, to have a good meeting.  Facetime, an Apple product, works well and we use it once a week for an hour meeting.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby