Monday, October 12, 2020

Calm or angry or riotous

We decided to do our evenings a little differently.  We realize that Netflix, Amazon, PBS, and Acorn, taken together, have far more on them than we can watch, than we can stand to watch, than we want to watch.  Normally, we watch an episode of NCIS, I read aloud to Lynn while she jigsaws a puzzle, and we watch something else for about an hour.  Of course, I get emails from all our streaming sources about the latest and greatest.  The other day, I sat with pencil and paper and looked for items that seemed of interest.  When I do that with Lynn, I usually jump through possibilities too fast for her.  Plus, she often wants 30 minutes or so of a movie before she knows if she likes it.


I sometimes like "Kim's Convenience" and Lynn enjoys PBS "Nature".  We have enjoyed some of PBS "Van der Valk" and "Frankie Drake".  My more determined list just from Netflix:

  1. Enola Holmes 2 h 

  2. A Life on Our Planet 1 h 23 m 

  3. Greenleaf 42 m 

  4. 28 Days 1 h 43m 

  5. My Octopus Teacher 1h 25m 

  6. Crash Landing on You 1h16m 

  7. Heaven's Garden 1h 

  8. Wentworth 48m 

  9. Travels with My Father 1h 

  10. One Day at a Time 1/2h 

  11. Stranger than Fiction 1h53m 

  12. Evil 44m 

  13. Worst Witch 1h, then 30m 


You probably won't find any movie that is calmer than My Octopus Teacher.  Yes, it is about a real, live octopus and a real, live diver who make friends.  


Lynn has mentioned "Enola Holmes" each day since we watched it.


We watched "28 Days".  I like calm living, I can do well enough offering myself thrills and appreciation of daily joys and I am not attracted to alcohol or drugs or other thrills.  The first half of 28 Days was tough to stick with but I am glad I watched it and Lynn is, too.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby