Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Can I stand it?

Don't sit down, don't pull up a chair, don't have a seat.  Yesterday's blog post took me a little extra time.  I don't think it was extra good.  It was probably ok.  It's one of the drier academic subjects about making progress in human knowledge, thinking and activity.  Basically, it says to read and think several times before doing an experiment or gathering data. I wrote about the same idea here:

https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2019/11/ab-testing.html


Yesterday, when I finished composing my post for the day, I was surprised and alarmed that my back ached.  Not anywhere near as badly as it often does, but enough to warn me to stop sitting and starting moving. I have memorized the name Dr. Joan Vernikos and have mentioned this scientist and NASA watchdog who checks and protects the bodies of US astronauts when they are on a mission.  https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Joan+Vernikos


She has several videos on YouTube and is the author of "Sitting Kills,  Moving Heals."  I haven't really read that book or her others nor watched her videos but I have seen many references about the health damage from sitting, sitting, sitting.  


I immediately took a walk around the neighborhood.  I determined not to sit down until I actually needed to rest and then just for a few minutes.  Between the walk and the standing, 

https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2020/05/back-pain.html

the pain stopped.  This morning, I did my yoga-type matwork using the cobra and the bridge.  I haven't been sitting today and I did switch the mouse to my other hand.  It really helps.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby