Saturday, March 2, 2019

My strange hobby

I have three iPads, only one of which is fully functional.  One is too old to be upgraded so it needs to limp along on outdated software.  I have a Galaxy tablet and three different computers, each with a different operating system.  I have gotten into the habit of using all of the devices several times a week. I am not sure why keeping them all charged and keeping my ability to use them charged is fun or why doing that seems good.


I use Gmail and many other Google products, which tend to be available on any computer or connected device.  I have 3440 posts in my blog and any of them is available on any of the devices. I enjoy seeing how to get to my stuff on each device, what it looks like, what it offers, how its timing and procedures are. I started personal computing with Apple.  About 14 years later, I began using Microsoft systems.


At the beginning, there was no Google in search or anything else.  The world-wide web was not something I used much before 1990. Google does everything on web pages, not programs that load into the machine.  So, anytime, I am connected to the internet, I can carry on with whatever I am working on. When I retired, Gmail seemed attractive and was, and still is, available on any computer or other connected device.  In the upper right area of the Gmail page, there is a small 3 by 3 set of dots. That is the Google launcher and it leads easily and conveniently to many Google products and services.


I enjoy using a variety of types and systems, much like it can be fun and somewhat challenging to drive different sorts of cars.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby