Saturday, August 4, 2018

Ambushed

Jamie: Sis, (she's an assistant DA), the guy has been heroic.  He doesn't deserve this low-level prosecution.


Megan: What?  You want me to call down there to try to quash the charge.


Jamie: Thanks a ton, Sis (He walks out immediately).

----------------------------------------------------------------------


Me: So, the guy buys a ¾ million dollar rug.  I don't think that would be 750 times better to use that a one thousand dollar rug.


Her: Well, you will get a chance to find out if that is true.


Me: I will?  How?


Her: When we replace the rug in here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

She just kidding, right?  We are not getting a $1000 rug.  But in both cases, there was an ambush.  You ask if I want you to call the boss and tell him I am sick.  I say Thank you as though you have agreed to make the call but you haven't and we both know it.  Don't expect me to carry through. You give me that routine and the call is not going to get made.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby