Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Sophisticate!

I toured the beautiful and impressive Wollersheim Winery and Distillery today.  Lynn had other interests but the bus from our local learning in retirement group, L.I.F.E. (for Learning is ForEver) had many friends and excitement.


I like a glass of wine and as I wrote here, https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2015/09/sophisticated-report.html,

I admit to being a sophisticate when it comes to vino.  When I am out somewhere for dinner, I usually specify a glass of cabernet sauvignon with a request for their "cheapest" cab.  That language often draws a laugh from the waitress and disapproval from my wife.


I have read of wine-tasting experiments with blind-folded experts who failed to distinguish red wine from white wine.  I had students in tests and measurements who reported blindfolded roommates who could not reliably distinguish cola from a white soda like 7UP.  So, I don't like to spend much on drinks. As I wrote in the linked article above, I like the taste of Mogen David blackberry wine but I am confident that most upscale places won't serve me that good tasting wine.  So, I go with the least expensive cabernet and the slurs and smirks that go with it.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby