Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Re-subscribe if you want to

On the 23rd of March, I had trouble emailing my blog to many of those who had been receiving in it directly in their inboxes.  It wasn't clear why and it still isn't. I suspect a large named list, the kind where I just type one word and all the recipients' email addresses appear immediately.  As I have written, this blog Fear, Fun and Filoz is 10 years old last month. So, over that time, my direct mailing list has grown. At the same time, many other writers and whole organizations have also developed their own mailing lists.  There are many days when I get 10, 20 or more emails with none of them being written by friends or meant directly for me. So, with large batches of bounces and failed deliveries, I tried to start over.


I asked that all those getting the blog by email let me know if they really wanted continued direct mailing.  The blog appears on its own web page at

https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/ so it is always possible to see the day's post there.  28% of those who were getting the blog daily told me to keep sending it.  So, nearly ¾ did not write to continue. However, within the last week, 4 or 5 different friends have inquired whether I am still alive, still blogging or am peeved with them.  


I am alive, I am blogging and I am not peeved.  The best I can tell anyone who is interested in getting the blog directly from me is to let me know that.  I imagine I can accommodate at least as many as I emailed before. I think I have ways of avoiding bounces and rejections but I have to try to be sure.  In the current, highly competitive, scam-ridden and hot cyberspace of communications of incredible variety, purpose and value, it is easy to dismiss something you care about.  It is easy to care today but be fatigued and delete-y tomorrow. I intend to construct a mailing list of those who did receive the blog while leaving out the 28% who now get it and invite the remainder to let me know they want it.  


I am a member of a list where a person can subscribe, unsubscribe and resubscribe all day long if he wants.  I don't have the mechanics set up for that and I may never have.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby