Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Blabbermouth Brain

You can see why I practice quiet.  When I do, it feels good.  It is really quiet.  I need that because I have a blabbermouth brain.


I wake up in the morning and it starts: get this done!  Get that done!  But before that, get these things done and those things, too!  I know my days are dwindling.  I know the days themselves are getting shorter and the dark is getting longer.  I don't need to be reminded to check my email and walk with my friends.  But Blabbermouth can't take a moment to actually think.  Who is it telling?  Me! Me! The same person that does the same things every morning, rain or shine, warm or cold.


You'd think a brain, a perfectly good brain, would tire of the same old signals being sent along the same old pathways, day after day.  I have been considering asking some bad guys to wash my brain but my friend said that is not a good idea.  


Once I was walking alone through the woods.  I like to carry a stick to whack things now and then.  You know what happens.  Deer flies!  Persistent, pointless, pesky.  They can be a bother. I forgot whose head they circled.  Quite disturbed, I smacked my own skull with my stick. It was stupid, it was unpleasant, it was mildly painful.  But if Blabbermouth doesn't learn to put a sock in it, I just might give the ol' head another smack. Can't hurt, right?

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby