Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Advanced aging clinic being planned

I've been having so much fun as an older person that I am opening an aging spa.  I can no longer in good conscience keep all the treasure and prestige to myself.  Spend an afternoon with me and you will look 70 years old.  You will immediately be offered the famous senior discounts.  You will never be carded by those stores that card everyone who appears to be younger than 40.  I can permanently crinkle your skin and age your posture.  True, I am rather expensive but I'm the best if you want to be taken for older than you are.

It has been noted that a line of products that aim at something impossible may well produce the best income.  So far, we have not found a way to reverse time so we all age steadily, if not sporadically.  Therefore, the emphasis on the attractiveness of the young promotes many efforts to make ourselves look young and function as young people.  That fact that doing so is impossible tends to be ignored and that sets the stage for repeated efforts.

I read the other day that even though the earth's human population has reached 7 billion, the current group of living humans is only 17% of all the humans who have lived, depending, of course, on the definition of "human".  There are 5.88 seventeens in 100% so think of how the earth's crowdedness and evironment would be if we had 7 billion x 5.88 or 41.18 billion.  You can see that mortality is wonderful and we can all be grateful to the earlier humans for not extending their lives too long.  Do a good deed, then, and come to my aging clinic (when it opens).

Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby