Friday, March 2, 2018

I want to have that, have it and save it

If it is good, I want to buy it and save it.  I feel if I buy it or a picture of it and save it or the picture, I have it. It becomes part of me and if I have purchased it and saved enough good stuff, I am richer, slimmer, handsomer, better.  That's why my collection of photos, my basement and my attic are bulging with treasures beyond imagining.  It is these riches that I have captured and digested that create the charm you admire.  Without shopping and continuous vigilance, I would not have found so much that is good and bought it and kept it and made it part of me.

One of the popular browsers, Firefox, has the Pocket service to make it easier to save pictures and articles that strike me as superior.  Twitter has a new Bookmark service that allows me to save Tweets that grab me, give me a chuckle and show superior quality.  Thank goodness for the Microsoft cloud One Drive and the Apple iCloud and the Google Drive, which allow me to keep even more wonderful stuff and luxuriate in high quality text and images.  When I bought an external hard drive in 2010, I paid $100 for a Toshiba with a capacity of 750 gigabytes.  That's a whole lot of space.  But today, for half as much I can get a terrabyte (1000 gigabytes).  With a little more money, I can buy 2 terrabytes or even 4 terrabytes.  Boy, then I could save even more good stuff!  

Lynn has this question at the ready: "With all that good stuff saved, do you ever look at it all?  Do you read all those saved articles over again?  Do you even know what you have? With all that valuable, clever stuff saved, does it make a difference?"  Women! They just don't understand.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby