Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunday morning

We get ready for bed at 10 PM and are usually in bed by 10:30.  I turn off her phone and mine.  I turn off my computer and use a timer to shut off our internet connection.  Night pills, brushing teeth, flossing teeth - it takes time.  Most days I wake up between 6 and 6:15 without an alarm except what is in my head.

I call my friend in a different time zone and we often talk about half an hour.


Sundays, I make oatmeal for breakfast.  Used to be half a cup of oats for each of us but as we age, we need to cut back. ⅓ cup for each of us and twice as much water.  Sliced banana, sliced apple, raisins, craisins, walnuts. We have a device that cores an apple and cuts it into 8 sections at once.  When I can, I use chopped walnuts but they are often hard to find.  4 minutes on high in the microwave in a large glass

2 quart measuring bowl.  Stir well and give it another 3 minutes.  Set out milk in glasses and some more in a pitcher.  Add a cup of frozen blueberries to the mix when it comes out of the microwave.  Let the hot mix and the frozen blueberries interact thermically.  The berries become frosted and the moisture cools the mix to eating temperature.


She cleans up and I read my email.  She writes her weekly letter about her activities of the past week and mine.  She reads the letter aloud and that helps me remember what we did the last few days and what I did.  She goes off to Quaker meeting and I meditate, followed by housework, washing the floors or vacuuming the rugs, two activities that work well when I am home alone.  We generally meet for lunch at a local coffee shop.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Twitter: @olderkirby

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby