Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Nurseryo

Lets' forget paleo and let's think about nurseryo.  Back to the childhood wonder, the mind clean, empty and ready to engage.  Really, it is a little difficult to revert to paleolithic times.  A million or so years ago is too far back.  If I return to that time, I will miss the last episodes of Major Crimes and Suits.  I won't get my ice cream or my brie or my Mogen David blackberry wine with a shot of Calypso coconut rum in it.  Besides, another problem is that I don't know when to go back to.  Should I be a paleo child, a young man, a middle aged man or an old coot?  Older guys have the better grasp of life but younger guys have a longer future.

Keeping with the spirits of "Orthodoxy" by G.K.Chesterton and "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind" by Suzuki and Chadwick, let me change the goal and go back to my own early days instead of the early days of humankind.  Much of my mind and habit was laid out in those early days and months.  When my experimental hypnosis session required a goal for the hypnosis, I pondered for a few days before coming up with "new eyes".  I was aware of the difference for me between seeing a town or a person for the first time and being accustomed to that place or person, hardly noticing them.


Chesterton puts it very well:

This is proved by the fact that when we are very young children we do not need fairy tales: we only need tales. Mere life is interesting enough. A child of seven is excited by being told that Tommy opened a door and saw a dragon. But a child of three is excited by being told that Tommy opened a door. Boys like romantic tales; but babies like realistic tales--because they find them romantic.

Chesterton, G. K. (Gilbert Keith) (1994-05-01). Orthodoxy (p. 46). Public Domain Books. Kindle Edition.


The point is that once, we were amazed and charmed by the world, the fascinating everything all around us but after a few scores of years, we get comfortable and the wonder has tarnished. But a little polish can get it back.  Just look at these faces and feel yourself unage, feel yourself thrill to a sunset, a song, a warm bath.  Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear [copyright The Lone Ranger] and regain the magic all around you.




--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Twitter: @olderkirby

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby