Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I'm a genius

Just told I was a genius by a couple with outstanding academic credentials.  Would you like to be a genius?  Here's how:

  1. Use electronic devices, such as computers, smartphones and tablets like iPads

  2. Encourage others your age to use such devices, too

  3. Be receptive when others have trouble using them or learn of something they would like to do with them that they can't yet

  4. Tell them who might be able to help them


Here's what happened:

Field: I'd like to ask you a question.  What can I do to get my iPad to change orientation?  Now, it stays in portrait mode even when I hold it sideways.


Me: Do you have the position locked?


Field: No


Me: Have you tried the Lockhorn's percussive maintenance?  Try smacking the thing with the edge of your hand.


Field: Doing that is not helping.


Me: Well, here are some places in town where you can get it repaired if it has lost function.


Field: Wait!  Bill, what if I tried locking the position and then unlocking it?  Do you think that might fix the problem?


Me: I don't know.  Try it.


Field: Ok, here goes.  Hey!  It worked!  Bill, you're a genius!



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby