Thursday, July 3, 2014

It is required

It wasn't nice of Heaven to burden me with hopscotch-playing muscles.  I don't like hopscotch and I would rather work with clay but I was given hopscotch muscles and many other kinds, too.  Besides, I have to use them or my body deteriorates.  It is like inheriting 1000 classic valuable cars and needing to keep driving them all to keep up their high value.


It is not just hopscotch, of course.  One of the basic tenets of human brain neuroscience is "Use it or lose it."  I don't want to lose my ability to do many good, interesting, fun, profitable things.  But my body needs more maintenance than I can provide. It is capable, or once was, of a wide variety of dance and acrobatic movements but by now, I may have already waited too long.  It is possible that I will never be able to do a split or a decent one-arm handstand.  I will never know what I have rendered myself incapable of through lack of use.


I don't like being pushed around by potential.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby