Monday, August 2, 2010

Correction and addition to today's blog post

I just realized that this morning's post had a faulty and confusing link.  It should have been to a web page I made at this location
http://sites.google.com/site/kirbyvariety/computer-tracking---wall-st-journal?pli=1

I made my own separate page since there were several links I thought might be of interest and I wanted to make my own collection of them.

I also might have mentioned that Firefox can be set to leave little trace of travels around the web.  Google's browser Chrome can do a similar thing but only one session at a time, at least so far.  The articles linked on my page explain the increasing amount of stuff left behind by over one hundred advertising companies trying to sell targeted advertising information.  The dream of finding the customers who actually want to buy your product is a very big attraction.  The articles make clear that additional help is now needed to get rid of some of their stuff.  The Firefox add-on called Ghostery seems to be a fun and useful tool for being more aware of who is leaving stuff on your machine.

The Firefox Tools menu leads to Options that can be set to always start a private browsing session. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby