Thursday, July 23, 2009

blogs

I think many of my friends who receive these posts read them in their email but rarely or never visit the blog site, where the messages are posted.  There really isn’t much of a reason to do so most of the time, as far as the messages go.  They can be found there and they can be searched there, too.  http://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/
 
However, don’t forget the links there to several blogs I am following.  Blogs are much like newspapers.  “weB LOGS” are constantly updated and it is possible to anchor a “feed” into your own (free blog), blog reader or email and probably your browser so that you always get the latest version of the blogs you are interested in.  Currently, blogs are much like visiting the library – there is probably something in there for any interest.
 
There is a Google blog searcher and I sometimes use it to see what the talk on some topic is.  I’ve mentioned that there are currently 70 million blogs and all sorts of companies, organizations and individuals are posting all sorts of comments, links, etc.  It is a mighty large chuck of stuff and I imagine only a small fraction would be of interest to any one person.  But some of it can be very interesting.
 
A friend told me about a year or so ago not to send him any links to YouTube videos because he already spent too much of his life looking at the millions of short and not-so-short videos available.  The same holds for the ‘blogosphere”.  It is big enough that it can swallow you if you let it. 
 
One way of looking at blogs is that they are free soapboxes for anyone to use to talk to the world.  I tried first about three years ago and found that no one ever noticed in any detectable way all the wonderful words I had typed.  Then, I tried again and while doing so, I realized that people who accept emails from me could be sent daily blog posts while they were also posted on the site.  It may be fun to start your own blog.
 
I have created a blog for experimental use by recipients of these posts.  I think I have successfully inserted everyone as authors but if you try something and you can't get entry or success, let me know.
 
It is gaudy but may be ok for an experiment.  It is here:
 
Try going to it and posting to it.
 
Bill
 
 
 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby