Sunday, May 3, 2009

Warmer, heartier relationships all over the place

It is quick and I guess, environmentally good to send emails.  But businesses seem to be running on a new model, one that aims to put me in a database for future contacts.  Since things are competitive these days, I often get the feeling that even heartier friendliness is being offered.  Sign up for our delightful and money-saving e-notices and we will be your friend, your bosom buddy.  As your new friend, we will offer to have drinks with you, to walk by your side, maybe adopt a child together.
 
As something of a grouch and a loner, I generally don’t want new relations, even with people I know and trust.  (Lots of commercial and political advice these days is about trust, which is said to be very important and needs to be built up, enhanced, and developed.)  So when that friendlier older guy who has been selected for his trustworthy good looks or that bouncy, perky lovable little blonde model asks me ever so warmly if I’d like a closer relationship by using a platinum card with gold trimmings and a picture of my cat on it, I decline.  Don’t you?
 
 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby