Saturday, April 2, 2022

Pasting more than one passage

You may not have a need to copy and paste two or more separate passages or messages but I think it is nice when you do need it.  If you highlight a passage in Windows and hold down the control key while hitting the c, the highlight will be copied to the internal clipboard. If you repeat the action while a different passage is highlighted, that 2nd passage is copied to the clipboard.  When you are ready to paste, if you hold down the key with a Windows emblem on it while hitting the v key, you will get a list of items currently in the clipboard.  Clicking on the passage you want to paste will paste it.  


When I finish composing a daily blog, I have two items that need pasting in emails to email groups, the blog title and the blog content.  I call up a blank email, put the cursor in the subject line and hit Windows-v.  I get a menu of recently loaded items.  I select the subject of the email and click on the space.  The day's title pastes.  I hit the Tab key and the cursor moves to the body of the post.  I hit Windows-v again but this time, I click on the content for the day. 


The process allows separate pasting of separate items when needed without re-selecting.  A Chromebook computer can do the same sort of thing using the usual copying but the Search key-v combination for multiple pastes of differing items. I haven't needed this on a Mac but I am confident it can be done.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby