Saturday, April 9, 2022

A different health prospective

A friend read my post called "Overuse of a single direction" 

https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2022/04/overuse-of-single-direction.html

prompting a memory of a book that really helped.  That book is "Life is Your Best Medicine" by Dr. Tieranona Low Dog, MD.  It was a fine gift!  I immediately looked up the Kindle version.  It exists and sells at a price I can afford.  I downloaded it and have read 15% of it.


Dr. Low Dog is a practicing physician but she is also an advocate for alternative and integrative medicine.  Her book is another statement, like Dr. Lissa Rankin's book "Sacred Medicine", emphasizing aspects of our current ways of living that often get out of hand but not so much from infectious agents such as the covid virus, but more from stress, smoking, alcohol and physical inactivity.  


I have a Twitter account and I like highlighting parts of a Kindle book that impress me and posting the snippets on Twitter as "Bill Kirby" (@olderkirby).  The Dr. Low Dog quote that I like most so far is 

"We're no longer running from lions and bears—the things chasing us now are text messages, emails, and never-ending demands on our time."

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby