Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Late but here

It has been an unusually busy day and I am writing for Fear, Fun and Filoz later than usual.  Just to feel comfortable, I often make five or more notes about what that day's post might be about.  A friend has been deeply grieving a pet's death.  Both Lynn and I read parts in an online play reading yesterday.  When I see pictures of semi-destroyed buildings in the Ukraine, I wonder if blowing off a roof and some of the upper levels of a building make people more likely to capitulate and accept an invading army.  I just learned that two dogs that live across the street can hear our garage door opening and they get alerted to what we might be doing.  I have limited hearing and can't hear my own garage door opening. 


However, I note that Google recently modified the web page that comes up when I open Gmail.  It says "Google Workspace".  I also see the tools listed when I open Google Drive and click on New, include some new possibilities, such as Drawing.  If you have a Gmail email address, your logon and password open 251 services and tools, including free web sites, free blogs, free word processing and free spreadsheets.  I heard a college administrator say a few years ago that it is important to learn how to use a spreadsheet before graduating from college.  


One of the important angles to Google is that the company uses web pages for their stuff.  That means that if you know the address or a good part of the address, you can get to your documents and files on any device anywhere that is connected to the internet.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby