Monday, April 26, 2021

I already looked there

We can't fob off the question.  Our cars won't let us.  I put my foot on the brake and press the button.  The engine starts right up unless I don't have the fob in my pocket.  Fooling the car doesn't work.  A bulge, some keys, the fob for another car - nope.  Must be the right fob, or no deal.  


Where did I put the fob?  There were only limited places: I didn't put it in the laundry, in the pockets of my pants hanging up.  At least, I am pretty sure I didn't.  I thought I had it in my pocket but the car gave the no-deal squeal.  A fob, yes.  Correct fob, sorry but not so.


Checked here, checked there.  Found it!  Great!  Car still doesn't start.  Damn - wrong fob.  


"Honey, what are you pacing around for?  What are you doing?"  Looking for the fob for my car."  Did you check the backpack you took on the weekend?"  "Yes, I already checked there".  She heard me and she believed what I told her but she checked there, too.  She checked down in the corner where the missing fob was.  She found it for me and launched my trip to the store.  


A second investigator, a more thorough search, a more imaginative search - sometimes, the second try reaches the goal.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby