Saturday, February 27, 2021

Readers’ blogs

I fear the day that all the readers of this blog write blogs.  I just know they are going to want me to read their writing.  After all, they read mine.  I email about 80 people daily copies and about 50 people a day look at the blog web page of Fear, Fun and Filoz.  Right now, I am getting about 20 emails a day and most of them are ignorable ads.  But what if all this blog's readers and viewers write their own blogs?


I will pick and choose, I guess.  If they each have titles, I will try and use the titles and reactions to them to pick ones that are good, or profitable, or intriguing.  It is definitely possible that more readers will write or comment or send pictures or videos than I will have strength or time or energy or motivation to read, or even skim.


I find that I am definitely reaching my limits.  I am approaching the (likely) final years of my life.  I already have 3000 books, not counting the ones sitting on shelves here.  I guess about 75% of that collection, like most of the books in the local public library and the local university, are uread.  I have about 2500 articles saved in Pocket.  There are many movies on Netflix, Prime TV, Acorn and PBS that I still haven't viewed.  Some of the good ones have GOT to be looked at a second time.  I read too much.  I sit too much.  I don't hoe the fields or milk the cows or fight the enemy.  I don't keep accounts balanced.  I am already occupied and I doubt if I can fit much more into my waking hours.  So, if you are going to write a blog, make it succinct, please. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby