Thursday, February 18, 2021

Bob Anastasi

I learned of the death of a good friend today.  I knew he had been ailing for a while. I have reached an age where it is always rational to check about friends.  More and more of my pillars and markers are exiting from this life.  Each is unique, not only in personality but also in history.  No one else anywhere at any time means the same or has meant the same.  I know you can't help it but I really would appreciate it if you didn't leave.


When I was a freshman, Bob Anastasi convinced a group when I wasn't even present, that I was the freshman they should include in a group going to New York City to represent our school.  When I was a senior, Bob was partnered with me to student teach together in the campus lab school.  In between, I learned that Bob was steadily loving, pleasant and very good company.  50 years after we graduated, Bob and Wanda had us stay with them while we attended a reunion of our college class.  


You can see why he is a marker of important milestones in my life and how I, along with an army of family, friends and admirers, are already missing him.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby