Thursday, October 22, 2020

The problem of dated silverware

If I don't stay alert, fashions could change and leave me behind. My wife is more sensitive to the acceptability of my haircut, the width of my tie and the color of my shoe laces than I am.  Every now and then, she announces that something is out of date, passé, approaching pathetic and hilarious.  Except for my height, people at one time kept thinking I was Abe Lincoln.  Then, with proper coaching, I gave up the beard, the stove pipe had and wore more colors and less black.  That problem seems to have gone away.  


Yesterday, our fashion officer announced that we have in this house DATED SILVERWARE!


The announcement sounded serious and in little time, I had refreshed my knowledge about just what silverware is.  The announcer explained that current soup spoons are much larger than our old-fashioned spoons.  We have recently taken action to update our living room sofa and our refrigerator so I am aware of the importance of being in step and trying to stay with the modern world instead of the Babylonian one.   


You may be aware that we are already living a lie.  Our silverware is not silver!!!!!  It's some other kind of metal but that doesn't mean that we aren't wary of the social fall we are in danger of suffering if we serve soup to our fashionable friends.  I just read this blog post to our fashionista and she laughed and said that, in truth, our forks are unfashionably small, too.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby